10 things about cars we bet you didn't know!
You think you know cars? Well... do we have news for you!
We did some research and found some interesting facts about cars that we reckon most people don't actually know about.
Here we go:
1. The first car was built in 1672 and was powered by steam. It was a toy built for a Chinese emperor.
2. During the prohibition era in the United States, cars were modified to be used as “rum-running” vehicles, to smuggle alcohol.
3. The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is the world’s fastest production car, with a top speed of 268 mph.
4. The world’s most expensive car is the Bugatti La Voiture Noire, which is worth an estimated $18.7 million.
5. The Tesla Model S has the longest range of any electric car, with a range of up to 370 miles on a single charge.
6. The Lamborghini Countach is the first car to feature the now-iconic “scissor doors”.
7. The Ford Model T was the first mass-produced car and sold over 15 million units.
8. The Mini Cooper is the smallest car currently in production, measuring at just over 11 feet long.
9. The longest car in the world is the 30-foot-long “stretch” limousine. 10. The DeLorean DMC-12 from the Back to the Future movie trilogy was the first mass-produced stainless steel car, with a gull-wing door design. It is also famously known to travel through time!
Did you know any of these?